Work Hard Travel Well is a blog and digital resource designed to help entrepreneurs, creatives & aspiring bosses build an empire and travel well at the same time.
Dream | Create|Work| Travel
Turn Your Passion Into Professional Content
A Checklist For Creating A Blog and Digital Presence
- Determine your niche and purpose of blog.
- Choose a name and research a domain and social media account names to see what all is available. Use https://www.namecheckr.com to check domain & social username availability across multiple networks.
- Decide on a platform to build your blog.
- Choose a host for your blog
- Register domain
It is best to decide platform before purchasing domain as some come with a free domain. If you can’t wait and want to purchase one and you can purchase and link to your plan later. If you go with any of the free options you will not be able to have a custom domain.
- Once decided on names, register as soon as possible on social media networks. Consistent name across networks would be helpful but sometimes hard to achieve with Twitter’s character limitation.
- Design blog. If using WordPress there are tons of free themes. Set up theme and plugins.
- Set up landing page to collect names for a landing list or list to collect emails as you publicize your upcoming blog. You can establish lists via Mailchimp. It is important to build an email list and send newsletters.
- Create a content calendar. Decide on days for publishing, emails and social media posts.
- Along with creating a calendar, do research of trends in your industry using Google trends and keywords. This will help you develop related content.
- If your hosting plan did not come with free email. You can use Zoho for free with some technical configuration required. This will give you an email address aligned with domain.
- Manage social media accounts using Hootsuite or Buffer. Hootsuite and buffer allow you to view all social media timelines in one place and schedule posts.
- Using a hashtag with your blog or products? Register them with Twubs as owner.
- After a few months of blogs posts and views sign up to earn money via ads with Commission Junction and Google Adsense. It is very important to wait until you have enough content or you will be rejected.
You’re on your way! Overwhelmed? Need help? Request a consulting appointment. I can walk you through setting up or request a quote for me to build. Contact: Lovetravel at workhardtravelwell.com
Share this link for others to sign up and get their own copy! >http://eepurl.com/chw10r